Neat little reminder trick

Like Trade Chat, Only Worse

Moderators: Allepac, Bastosa

Overshot

Neat little reminder trick

Post by Overshot »

If you're like me then you use some reagents, but don't use them all the time to remember to always stock up. I find myself in the middle of a heroic and have 5 water left or only 15 more "Gift of the Wild" things. I thinking of making an addon that was essentially a virtual sticky note to set up reminders, but there is a pretty nifty in game command that I've been using instead.

If you're in an instance and you know you'll be done in 5 minutes, but won't be sure if vent conversations will distract you then type: /in 300 /w Overshot BUY WATER

Nothing happens at first, but 300 seconds later you will whisper yourself saying "BUY WATER".

I dunno, just remembered the command from a long time ago and decided to put it to good use. You guys should post some other ideas you can use with the command.

NOTE: You can't use /cast commands after /in, so no botting will come out of this little command.
Randalthorr

Re: Neat little reminder trick

Post by Randalthorr »

I have an addon that handles all my reagents. If I'm below a set number of reagents and currently in a city it will constantly flash a message telling me which reagents are low. It also automatically buys reagents up to a specified quantity whenever I talk to a vendor that sells them. I can't remember exactly what it's called though, I'm at work.
Sargeras or GTFO
Bastosa

Post by Bastosa »

Randalthorr wrote:I have an addon that handles all my reagents. If I'm below a set number of reagents and currently in a city it will constantly flash a message telling me which reagents are low. It also automatically buys reagents up to a specified quantity whenever I talk to a vendor that sells them. I can't remember exactly what it's called though, I'm at work.
Let us know, sounds handy.
"You face not Steve Bastosa alone, but the legions I command!"
Talonni

Post by Talonni »

That addon sounds like a wife/girlfriend to me. "Get more milk/eggs while you are out!".
Randalthorr

Post by Randalthorr »

The addon is called reagent tracker. It allows you to add custom items to its list so you can track whatever consumable you want.
Sargeras or GTFO
Aladan

Post by Aladan »

Talonni wrote:That addon sounds like a wife/girlfriend to me. "Get more milk/eggs while you are out!".
To be honest, if I weren't reminded I would never enjoy a bowl of cereal or the byproduct of a chicken.
"But Lisa, treating people equally when they clearly are not is called what kids?" ... "Communism!" - The Simpsons