WTB Tech Savvy fellows

Like Trade Chat, Only Worse

Moderators: Allepac, Bastosa

bluenjoy

Re: WTB Tech Savvy fellows

Post by bluenjoy »

Video Settings are low :( .

See....what I don't get is...I reset my PRAM, deleted my Cache,Interface and WTF folders and last weeks fps were double digits now......for some ridiculous reason it's back to single digits.

I will talk with the store and enquire on a new video card and ram.

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it
Raid Leader: Did you use taunt or let mob aggro to the priest?
Main Tank: I did the job.
Raid Leader: Did you let the mob aggro to the priest?!?!
Main Tank: You're goddamn right I did!

--- Biggy
Talonni

Post by Talonni »

Macs suck for gaming, plain and simple. They can be great for other things so I'm not saying they are bad but use the right tool for the job and don't game on Macs (the selection of games you can even play is already limited except where you dual boot it anyway).
Morbeb

Post by Morbeb »

Well I had an iMac ( first aluminum one ) Until recently, and while not as good as my custom one, I was easily able to get double digit 20+ fps during boss encounters. I would have to agree though, I switched back to windows after 4 years on the mac - great choice.
Lifetap
Aladan

Post by Aladan »

bluenjoy wrote:What was your fps like on Putricide last night? I was running 30fps then 8fps the moment we started
Generally for most fights (that one included) I hover around 25-28 FPS. Sometimes I'll get a hiccup in FPS when the fight first starts (maybe 2-3 seconds at the beginning).

I made the mistake of keeping Photoshop open once during one of our 25-mans... That hurt for a few minutes until I realized what I'd done.

And this...
Talonni wrote:Macs suck for gaming, plain and simple.
Full blown Mac Pros would be amazing to game on... but for the price of a used car I'd rather buy a used car.
"But Lisa, treating people equally when they clearly are not is called what kids?" ... "Communism!" - The Simpsons
Talonni

Post by Talonni »

Aladan wrote:Full blown Mac Pros would be amazing to game on... but for the price of a used car I'd rather buy a used car.
Wait until you find that special someone and have to buy an engagement ring. Those are more than a brand new car!
bluenjoy

Post by bluenjoy »

How the hell do you hover at that much fps when you only have a Macbook and less memory :x :x :x ???

MAC haters! :(
Raid Leader: Did you use taunt or let mob aggro to the priest?
Main Tank: I did the job.
Raid Leader: Did you let the mob aggro to the priest?!?!
Main Tank: You're goddamn right I did!

--- Biggy
Aladan

Post by Aladan »

Talonni wrote:Wait until you find that special someone and have to buy an engagement ring. Those are more than a brand new car!
Been there. Done that.
bluenjoy wrote:How the hell do you hover at that much fps when you only have a Macbook and less memory :x :x :x ???
/shrugs
That's just an average, and sometimes it's worse. Generally, if I restart before the 25-mans I don't have any issues though.
"But Lisa, treating people equally when they clearly are not is called what kids?" ... "Communism!" - The Simpsons
Orpheius

Post by Orpheius »

I would recommend upgrading the macbook pro next month when they introduce their new line. Just keep in mind they now have 2 different video cards in the macbook pros now. And to reply about memory. The speed of the memory is more important than the quantity if you have over 2 gb. I usually keep my video settings down but keep particle density high. I think if you boot into windows using bootcamp may be the best performance gain. BTW i get 30-40 fps on my macbook pro with a 8600gt and 2.2 ghz core 2.