Addon - easier switching talents

Like Trade Chat, Only Worse

Moderators: Allepac, Bastosa

Miises

Addon - easier switching talents

Post by Miises »

I dunno how many times I've switched talents for a fight, start the fight and realise I forgot to drag the spell onto my bars. I am not a clever man.
I finally got fed up with it and tried to make a macro, but there is a limitation in the macro system so you can't display the tooltips properly if you add multiple spells like this #showtooltip; /cast Glaive Toss; /cast Barrage. It will shit itself and there's no way around it.

So I found this nifty addon.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... croes.html

You just install that and then make an empty macro named tier_4 or tier_5 or whatever that corrosponds to your lvl60, 75 etc talents. Then each time you change specs or talents the addon automatically fills out the macro with #showtooltip; /cast whatever.

I made a small modification to the .lua so it appends /use 6 to the end for my grenade belt.

change the line near the end of the file

Code: Select all

"#showtooltip\n/cast "..name")
to

Code: Select all

"#showtooltip\n/cast "..name.."\n/use 6")

It's also pretty nice that when you switch to a passive talent, like Fervor to Blink Strikes the macro shows the icon for Blink Strikes rather than having a greyed out version of your previous active. Saves dragging shit off your bars etc.

I give this addon 9 dingoes out of a possible 10 dingoes.
warac

Re: Addon - easier switching talents

Post by warac »

I've been using that for awhile, told everyone about it no one seemed interested.