i dun goofed

Like Trade Chat, Only Worse

Moderators: Allepac, Bastosa

Miises

i dun goofed

Post by Miises »

I should've read the FAQ before boosting my 90 on the new aussie servers
Q: Will I still be able to do cross-realm dungeons and raids with my friends who stay on North American servers?
A: Yes, players will still be able to group up and tackle dungeons, raids, Challenge Modes, and other instanced content by inviting people from their Battle.net friends list. Please note that Mythic raids in all global territories will not offer cross-realm functionality until later in the expansion.
I just assumed they would be region locked so I made my druid a troll. I did some dungeons and noticed people from NA servers with me then I facepalmed. If I keep on playing I'll probably faction change so I can do some dungeons/CMs/pvp with you guys. I don't know if I could handle going back to NA servers, it's like League of Legends all over again, once you play with 30ms there's no going back.

edit: damn, apparently Arena/RBGs take place on the group leaders region, I could still do it but it'd be 250ms.
Bastosa

Re: i dun goofed

Post by Bastosa »

Recruiting one Aussie feral Druid for heroic raiding. Pst

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"You face not Steve Bastosa alone, but the legions I command!"
Caliber

Post by Caliber »

Doubt you want to play feral at 250ms, that's no bueno. Also suprised how fast you came back lol.
Miises

Post by Miises »

there's a 10 day trial for wod, i mostly just wanted to interrupt some spells and maybe try a bg with no lag. feels good man.

why you think feral would suck with lag? seems very energy gated except beserk every 3min. with no cds and shitall haste im waiting 3 sec between spells =/
i kinda wish i pve'd on energy classes all along.

anyway I have no fucking idea how they did it but the cross realm stuff for pve is handled locally, i get no lag, you get no lag. theres probably some wonky server communication going on which is why they disallowed it for arena/rbg.
Caliber

Post by Caliber »

Miises wrote:there's a 10 day trial for wod, i mostly just wanted to interrupt some spells and maybe try a bg with no lag. feels good man.

why you think feral would suck with lag? seems very energy gated except beserk every 3min. with no cds and shitall haste im waiting 3 sec between spells =/
i kinda wish i pve'd on energy classes all along.

anyway I have no fucking idea how they did it but the cross realm stuff for pve is handled locally, i get no lag, you get no lag. theres probably some wonky server communication going on which is why they disallowed it for arena/rbg.
Mainly that there's a lot for melee to avoid and being delayed on skill usage through connection only makes the experience worse than being ranged where there's more leeway.

Taking a guess at the PVE cross realm in the IT sense, blizzard is using the new data center/servers near you to do 95% of the work and the connection from Australia to US servers does the other 5% required to show us on your screen and what we do as the raid is instanced. Their connection from data center to data center is miles faster so they are using that to offload the work during the raid.
Miises

Post by Miises »

Yeah, I figured something like that.
I wonder if there's much disagreements between the servers, I haven't noticed any warping or missed interrupts or anything from the dungeons I did. It could get real messy in PVP but it's some pretty damn impressive technology if you ask me.