Val'anyr [Legendary Mace] Information

Like Trade Chat, Only Worse

Moderators: Allepac, Bastosa

Bastosa

Re: Val'anyr [Legendary Mace] Information

Post by Bastosa »

Wait??? Has the drama started already? That was quicker than even I expected! :lol:

That being said we should wait for the rest of the itemization before we decide who this is for. Sure the on-equip seems to favor big heals, but if it also has +536 Spirit and zero crit that could change things...
"You face not Steve Bastosa alone, but the legions I command!"
Ghostbeezy

Post by Ghostbeezy »

Being excited isn't starting drama at all, Bast. Don't have a trigger finger to close this. I'll make sure not to be excited about an item, or post about it. Can't start "drama".

So let me clear this up so you don't read it as "drama":

I agreed with Caitlyn that it works off a number of casts on a priest, and moreover a shammy. So the stats on it will decide since it only works for the 4 healing classes in the game.

The assumption could even be this is a turn in for the stats on the mace to favor your class, much like atiesh. So you might be able to translate the stats into a haste mace, a crit mace. It's a quest reward, it'd not shock me if you can pick one of the two types of the healing mace to best fit spirit or what have you.

I'm not starting "Drama". Starting the discussion on the mace, and what it is was the intent. An epic healer mace would be nice, since all my itemization takes away from our warlocks and mages (the big chunk of our dps) and I'd like to stop stealing items from Caster DPS. So I get excited to see me not have to bid on their BiS weapon when I already have to on their ring, trinkets, necklace. (and I have passed on turning tides before I got mine, intentionally)

You can surely understand my excitement for that right?
/end thread hijack.

The animation on this mace is sweet. Lightening and the faces come off and the club end spins slowly. Check the video below. Sexiest 27 seconds in ulduar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdY8RXIKOAY
Last edited by Ghostbeezy on Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
caitlyn

Post by caitlyn »

Ghostbeezy wrote:
caitlyn wrote:It is absurdly useful for pallies, since pally healing to me seems to be a lot of spamming quick, light heals, EACH of which can trigger the ability.
It's categorically the opposite (which is why you see such different pally stats).. My smallest average heal on a raid is 11k. Our WoTLK strat is biggest heals as quickly as we can. Penance does trigger it, and flash heal does trigger it. It'll be 15% of whatever your penance hits for initially. As of right now it STACKS with Sacred Shield (pally talent). So I could mitigate with Shield + Ancient kings.

I think the bubble is on person and persists till damage drains, and would be on anyone it proc's on. So if you get a lucky streak, you could get 4 or 5 people with one of those. (Those are all conjecture on my part, No reason to put a CD on it since it's a chance to get the bubble on someone).

Either way, it's fucking sexy. I want it, I wont even front. I want that so FUCKING bad.
I was not fully aware of the size of the heals that you were casting, merely that you were spamming them constantly (which is the important point, more casts=more procs). Priest and Druid healing more so, is not constant cast (except on something like Patch). This is why out of 5 seconds mana regen is getting nerfed. Granted I may be talking mostly about what i do/know. I know even less about shaman healing other than chain healing = amazing.
Ghostbeezy

Post by Ghostbeezy »

Agreed Caitlyn. That's why it's an embarrasment of riches for pally's in WoTLK. Tanks got a single target taunt, a shield slam? Really?

Ret Pallys?... I mean they're not retlol or loladins anymore?

And Even Holy Pallys got a boost. I mean when it comes down to it, there may be a turn in for haste/spirit/or crit. The mace is flat out sexy either way. I want to lick it. If not, I'll have to itemize into the caster sword. I do it now anyways. I would HAVE to believe the turn in is either per class druid/priest/shammy/pally, or by stat. I just have to believe it. Atiesh was (though thoridal, warglaives were not). I would hedge my bet that the turn in is per class.
Bastosa

Post by Bastosa »

Ghost, I was very much kidding...
"You face not Steve Bastosa alone, but the legions I command!"
Ghostbeezy

Post by Ghostbeezy »

Bastosa wrote:Ghost, I was very much kidding...
But you're a giraffe, I can't hear sarcasm from above the treeline. lol. My bad honestly.

I'm just, dude I spent all of naxx biding on shit and hearing randal die inside a little, or lawree punch babies, Soly gritting her teeth. Or tal saying pallies must die.

A healing mace, I'm chomping at the bit for. Something I could stack Sacred Shield with and put a 10+k bubble on a tank that is a nice bit of mitigation. If you're a healer and don't want this mace. U R doing eet wrong. i've been to valanyr.com, it's the first post on MMo Champion. I'm the freaking thing is held together by lightening. WTF. most epic looking weapon to date.
Maxar

Post by Maxar »

The weapons has a farting effect to it! I want it now
Sebulon

Post by Sebulon »

MMO-Champion.com has a section up dedicated entirely to the mace which can be found here.
Randalthorr

Post by Randalthorr »

Ghostbeezy wrote: I'm just, dude I spent all of naxx biding on shit and hearing randal die inside a little, or lawree punch babies, Soly gritting her teeth. Or tal saying pallies must die.
You're just lucky that Mega hasn't been on in awhile. I mailed him my Hit list ages ago and you're Target #2...right after Talonni.
Sargeras or GTFO
Mctucker

Post by Mctucker »

So since its a pally weapon (obviously), we're giving it to Aemsterdam? :mrgreen:
Resident forum troll